An update is available for version 5.0.5 of the codec pack that upgrades it to version 5.0.8. The update pack includes newer versions of ffdshow, Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder and AC3Filter.
KLCP gets updated frequently. However, there may be worthwhile updates to some of the included components in between releases of KLCP. The update pack below can be used to keep your current installation up-to-date.
The K-Lite Codec Pack Update Pack is a free updater with the latest codecs and related tools. With the Update Pack you can update your current installation of the K-Lite (Mega) Codec Pack by installing it on top of the most recent version. The very user-friendly updater is fully customizable, which means that you can update only those components that you want.
Updates in the K-Lite Codec Pack 5.0.8 Update Pack:
* ffdshow revision 3054
* Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to 22.214.171.1245
* AC3Filter 1.63b
The K-Lite Codec Pack 5.0.8 Update Pack can update:
* The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 5.0.5
* The K-Lite Codec Pack 5.0.5 Full
* The K-Lite Codec Pack 5.0.5 Standard
* The K-Lite Codec Pack 5.0.5 Basic
* The K-Lite Codec Pack 5.0.5 Corporate
Release notes:New Release
* Updated ffdshow to revision 3054
* Updated Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to version 126.96.36.1995
* Updated AC3Filter to version 1.63b
* Updated RealMedia splitter to version 1.3.1252.0
* Updated Codec tweak Tool to version 3.1.0
* New set of file type icons for Media Player Classic