The Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 application was designed to be the backbone of your PC's security system, offering protection from a range of IT threats.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 provides the basic tools needed to protect your PC.
Here are some key features of "Kaspersky Antivirus Personal":
· Protects from viruses, Trojans and worms
· Blocks spyware and adware
· Scans files in real time (on access) and on demand
· Scans email messages (regardless of email client)
· Scans Internet traffic (regardless of browser)
· Protects instant messengers (ICQ, MSN)
· Provides proactive protection from unknown threats
· Scans Java and Visual Basic scripts
· Scans operating system and installed applications for vulnerabilities
· Analyzes and closes Internet Explorer vulnerabilities
· Disables links to malware sites
· Detects viruses based on the packers used to compress code
· Global threat monitoring (Kaspersky Security Network)
Advanced Protection & Recovery
· The program can be installed on infected computers
· Self-protection from being disabled or stopped
· Restores correct system settings after removing malicious software
· Tools for creating a rescue disk
· Data & Identity Theft Protection
· Disables links to fake (phishing) websites
· Blocks all types of keyloggers
· Automatic configuration during installation
· Wizards for common tasks
· Visual reports with charts and diagrams
· Alerts provide all the information necessary for informed user decisions
· Automatic or interactive mode
· Round-the-clock technical support
· Automatic database updates
· Intel Pentium 800 MHz 32 bit (x86) / 64 bit (x64) or higher (or equivalent)
· 512 MB available RAM
· 50 MB free space on the hard drive
· CD-ROM (for installation of the program from CD)
· computer mouse
· Internet connection (for product activation)
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher (for downloading updates)
· Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0
What's New in This Release:
· Problem with system instability after long period of program operation has been fixed.
· Error causing BSOD while updating the emulator driver has been fixed.
· Pop-up message in the URL checking module has been fixed (for the Spanish version).
· Problem with pausing the scan task while third party programs are running in full-screen mode has been fixed.
· Problem with the update task freezing at system startup has been fixed.
· Vulnerability that allowed disabling of computer protection using an external script has been eliminated.
· Driver crash in rare cases while processing a write operation has been fixed.
· Crash while processing data incompliant with the protocol of Mail.Ru Agent has been fixed.
· MAIN KNOWN ISSUES
· If a threat in OLE object is detected, the application does not suggest user to perform disinfection. Possible actions in this case – place file to quarantine or delete it.
· Web Anti-Virus does not notify user about the downloaded files.
Download link ^^